Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Progress in Regaining Fitness!


Phew, now I'm at 84.5 kg; my progress is stabilizing, which is a good thing in my opinion. This is accompanied with now a total 15 cm loss in my waist circumference (now 95 cm). Hopefully I can get to 84 kg before this Saturday, as there'll be a basketball tournament with the old 2004-2005 team, for which the majority have all been working.

My regime (everything times 3):
Day 1:
12 jump squats with shoulder presses (8 each arm)
20 single leg single dumbbell romanian deadlift (10 each side)
20 forward lunges with single dumbbell
200 jump skips (alternating fast and slow with each 10 skips; at 180 I do 10 with each leg)
Front bridge for 60 seconds

Day 2:
20 elevated pushups
12 bent over biceps curls + row (for each side)
10 lateral presses or 12 external rotations (each side)
10 bent over dumbbell raises
Maintaining a pelvic lift for 60 seconds, on elevated surface
200 jump skips (like day 1)

Rest is variable, depending on the level of soreness. Lately I've been combining some of the workouts due to lack of time because of my studies:
16 squats + single dumbbell shoulder presses (8 each arm)
20 single leg single dumbbell romanian deadlift + bent over row at lowest point (10 each leg and arm)
20 forward lungles + biceps curl at descent pause (10 each leg and arm)
20 elevated pushups
12 external rotations each arm
200 jump skips like other days
Repeat for another 2 times.

Combining the workouts allowed me more free time to actually play basketball and try to regain whatever bad basketball skills I had, especially my shooting, before I stopped playing when clinical studies started last year.

I'm pretty lazy, so I use a 7 kg dumbbell for all of the workouts, even though I could certainly use higher weights for some of the workouts. It's pretty modest, but it's a pretty big improvement compared to how I was before I started.

Rest is mainly of stretching and self-massage, along with loose movements of the involved muscles.

P.S. I'm not gone from Wesnoth. I usually do Wesnoth work at night, but it's now 100% for my medical community survey, which is very stressing and tiring. I'll try to return to work after my exams end on the 28th of this month.

1 comment:

kayghani said...

allo..amir..apa cerita ni?getting fat or what?haha..enjoy ur exercise..