Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Still Hasn't Ended Yet

Week 6 of cough.

Still having cough, worse at evening, relieved by exercise, least in the morning. Scant sputum, whitish when productive. No fever, increased appetite, widening waist. Still good effort tolerance (gonna do some conditioning after typing this).

Coarse crepts bilaterally anteriorly mid-lower zones. No clubbing.

Sputum C+S rejected (too little sputum), Gram stain inconclusive (the same reason). AFB x 2 sent, MTB C&S as well x 1, no results yet. Didn't have time to send the 3rd AFB and 2 MTB C&S's yet.

Blood work...
Hb 16.7 (86.8/32.9/37.9) - Is it compulsory on me to donate blood?
WBC 6.34 (50.4/41.3)
Albumin 45.8
Globulin 30
Uric Acid 503 - Unrelated, but high; family history of gout. The lowest I've ever gotten whenever I do an RP on myself.

I'll see Dr Ng when I get at least 1 AFB back. HRCT thorax next week. I'm still doing the chest physio. I'm still worried as there is no clear etiology. And even though it's unlikely (I get URTI at most only twice a year before this), I'm not amused with the Kartegener references. Sigh.

No comments: