Friday, March 5, 2010

Hm, Next Step: Re-Correlate Previous X-Ray with HRCT and Clinical

HRCT Thorax this morning came up completely normal (already discussed with radiologist, awaiting full reporting), and there goes how many years of radiation into my chest. No bronchiectasis/bronchial thickening/consolidation/cavitation/calcification/enlarged lymph nodes. Considering that kind of result, I was then "grilled" by the radiologist to rethink whether one was warranted. Maybe Dr Haida was right in that a CT wasn't indicated.

Still coughing with whitish sputum, at most localized occasional crepts at right anterior lower zone (which was also normal on CT). Yesterday, my chest felt a bit heavy, and I auscultated myself. I could hear the crepts through my breathing, and "confirmed" it with friends. Today was much better though, since any kind of "physio" would bring the sputum out, including simple joking and laughing. Similarly the breathing "exercise" associated with a chest CT did make some reasonable amounts of sputum come out.

AFB results never returned, so I might have to consider retaking them. I doubt I want to expend the effort to produce enough sputum for another C&S and Gram stain.

Me wonders if it's asthma. Or malingering haha. In any case, I accidentally left the X-Ray film at home (so I'll have to bring it next week), which I of course didn't tell the radiologist. Radiologists are well known for their strictness. Hehe, hopefully none will read this.

On the bright side, I'm radiologically healthy!

No comments: