Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thoughts, Training Log Until March 21 2010

I haven't written in a while; not enough time.

Thoughts:
1) Living in the fast lane, stress can either bounce off of you like a slab of concrete, or deliver blast through you, like a slab of concrete. Usually for me it was more of the former, but yesterday it as certainly like the latter, due to multiple stressors finally getting into me.

I need to keep my legendary temper in check: I think I punched the wall almost 10 times yesterday, hard enough to make people notice. The skin at my knuckles aren't hyperpigmented because of hemochromatosis, you know.

2) My aunt got operated for a "ruptured" appendicitis, but the operation was laparoscopic, so it shouldn't have been too bad. Get a good rest Umi Dah.

3) So far I'm finding that I need to do a lot more to get myself ready for Pro, especially now that the date has been pushed forward. And I can't enter the wards to boot. But with the current schedule and stress levels, I'm not sure how I'll manage to fill the hours in. With my current "intellectual abilities" I'm guessing that just 1 hour to study O&G and another to study for Pro consistently every day would suffice. Another would be to study 1 1/2 hours for Pro (which I've not started on my own yet, only group study), and depend 100% on bedside teachings and other "classes" (including on call sessions with 3rd years) to prepare for O&G (which was exactly what I did for internal medicine, and still got me no 2 in the group). We'll see which path I follow, which depends a lot on how well I cope with the stress.

But I want another distinction, for O&G and Pro. I want the money from the MMA award (though I haven't registered as an MMA member. 1K will help out a lot, especially with the internal drama in the family (not just Abah's illness).

4) Speaking of Abah, he has been talking a lot more, which is good. This morning he also started trying to regularly walk without his walking stick. But there's a lot more training required especially regarding his speech, and dealing with his upper limb spasms while doing ROM exercises are very difficult: too soft and you won't be able to extend the elbows & fingers at all, and too hard and Abah will be in pain. But he's laughing more, and interacting better with guests, who are still coming non-stop during the weekends.

Thanks for the support.

5) Next week is Naufal's wedding, the wedding of a person I can truly refer to as a best friend. Congratulations. Hopefully I'll be able to come over, unlike the so many I've missed lately.

6) Some people have it so easy: you'd God damned better be grateful.

Training (writer's block setting in):
The b-ball underground tourney is less than a month away, and what is hopefully going to be a special day is another 3 months away. It's probably time to reel in the diet, get a good more cardio in, and hopefully still increase if not maintain strength while shedding some fat. People don't care how healthy you actually are, just as long as you meet others' interpretations.

Videos are up on my Youtube page. But one thing is for certain: my pullup strength sucks, and I'm very unhappy about it.

No comments: