Sunday, December 20, 2009

Not a Happy Person

Just as lifting was among the few good things that was good in the past few weeks, I got injured, enough said. Bilateral DRUJ strain, with the gym conditions being a factor; my training partners stopped early due to the extreme heat and humidity (no A/C at the free weights area). Hint: driving on day 2 of injury made me scream and cry in pain, relieved by copious amounts of ice. I'm much better, but in no shape for lifting.

Turns out that Abah had a lacunar stroke from bilateral ICA artherosclerosis (from the MRI/MRA). At least he's now back to almost previous activity, just some slow walking, but walking is not a problem.

I've been going back every week this whole posting due to Abah's condition earlier, my dental appointments and the intermedical school sports competition (more on that below). I'm chronically sleep deprived, my sleep cycle is completely screwed and led to caffeine dependence, which led to a vicious cycle. I'm slowly withdrawing.

I can't believe I drove all the way to Bangi to participate in 1 round of tug-of-war, as it's done playoff style. And we lost due to bad turf. More sleep deprivation.

My modem has given out on me, leading to a complete waste of money with Celcom 3G. And more money was just spent to return to being online.

I don't know shit about psychiatry, and exam is in 1 week.

The only thing good now is that I've an interesting new military history book to finish reading, and that I'm f*cking my enemies playing Rhye's and Fall of Civilization mod for Civilization IV.

Latest lifting stats:
Deadlift - 115 kg x 10
BP - 66 kg x 12
Front Squat - 77 kg x 12
MP - 45 kg x 9 (on day of injury, after resting briefly after the accident; thank adrenaline)

No comments: