Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thoughts, Training Log Up to Dec 5, 2009

Thoughts:
1) Had my first whiff with depression in a while, and it was not very fun. Got myself out of it with the help of training and eating...a substantial amount of endorphin-releasing food. I now have a nice bloat out of it, and I'll have to reel in the diet again during the next training cycle - no carbs except breakfast for most days to get some calorie deficit in.

2) I just took a look at the MRI/MRA, and I don't like it. Now to wait for the neurology follow-up, as I can't commment.

3) Going back and forth between Kuantan and Bangi has been severely draining. It's affecting my energy and mood in a very bad way.

4) Anybody else thinks that Celcom 3G is, in already nice words, a piece of shit?

5) Talking about point 4, I just had my last rage attack last week. Pretty funny in a disturbing way. Let's hope that the windshield lasts longer than the car; I accidentally cracked it by punching it while stuck in a nasty jam in nasty weather and nastily dehydrated.

Training:
It was rest week. Going to the gym felt like wasting time; that's how leisurely it felt.

I'm switching to a 3 day per week cycle. This will make the rest week fall nicely on the week after exams. More rest, so I'll add more conditioning. Hopefully I'll still make gains with lower frequency; ensuring that I go almost all out during each session will help.

Monday
Pull-throughs - 3 sets of 5 with 20, 30, 40 kg
Ab-whell rollouts - 3 sets of 8
Cable side-lying internal rotations - 3 sets of 10 each side

Tuesday
Stability ball DB presses - 3 x 5 x 35 lb
Standing cable rows - 3 x 8(?) x 11 kg (?)
EZ curl standing bicep curls - 3 x 10 x 15 kg of plates on the bar

Thursday
Overhead squats - 3 x 8 x empty bar, 30, 30 kg
Reverse lunges with clean grip - 3 x 5 (each side) x 30 kg
Side planks - 3 x 30 sec
Incline chest-supported DB face pulls - 3 x 10 x 10 lb

Friday
Incline DB bench - 3 x 6 x 35 lb
Scaption - 3 x 10 x 15 lb
Lat pull-down machine - 3 x 5 x 40 kg
Seated cable row - 3 x 5 x 30, 32, 34 kg

I've my pulling assignment for next week from Coach Selkow. These are my parameters for my main lifts next cycle (ignore my pulling work):


I'll be using complexes work from Nick Tumminello for conditioning every lifting day, a change from the b barbell complexes. My aim is to get +6 reps on every lifting session. That would definitely justify doing the 3 day per week training.

Have a nice weekend, peoples.

No comments: